Stackla recently surveyed consumers and B2C marketers across the US, UK and Australia, finding that although consumers and marketers agree on the importance of authenticity and personalization, they significantly diverge when it comes to which content types and sources are viewed as most authentic, influential and desired throughout the buying process.
Hear our panel of marketing leaders from The Travel Corporation (TTC) and LUSH Cosmetics discuss survey results like these and what they mean for modern marketers across industries:
- 90% of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding which brands they like and support
- Consumers are 2.4x more likely to say user-generated content (UGC) is most authentic compared to brand-created content, while marketers are 2.1x more likely to say brand-created content is most authentic
- 92% of marketers believe most or all of the content they create resonates as authentic, yet 51% of consumers say less than half of brands create authentic content
- 79% of people say UGC highly impacts their purchasing decisions
- Although consumers find UGC 9.8x more impactful than influencer content when making purchasing decisions, 49% of marketers are planning to increase their investment in influencer marketing in 2019
Data Report WebinarFill out the form below to view on-demand.
Co-Founder & CEO of Stackla
Chief Digital Officer at The Travel Corporation (TTC)
Community Manager at LUSH Cosmetics