The Consumer Content Report: Influence in the Digital Age
In today’s connected world, where people are constantly confronted with a myriad of content competing for their attention, what content and sources do consumers seek out, trust and find influential?
We surveyed 2,000 adults in the U.S., UK and Australia, examining the content being created and shared online, and what influences consumers’ purchasing decisions most.
Key Findings for Marketers Include:
- 86 percent of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding what brands they like and support
- More than half (57 percent) of consumers think that less than half of brands create content that resonates as authentic
- Consumers are 3x more likely to say content created by a consumer is authentic compared to content created by a brand
- On average, 60 percent of consumers say content from friends or family influence their purchases decisions, while just 23 percent say content from celebrities and influencers are impactful
- 57 percent of Millennials have made travel plans based on an image or video they saw a friend post on social media
- 56 percent of Millennials have decided to eat at a restaurant because of a friend’s post on social media
GET THE REPORT
Fill out the form below to gain immediate access to the full data report.
UGC is the Most Authentic & Influential Content
Of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding what brands they like and support
Of consumers say user-generated content is the most authentic form of content
Of Millennials say they would share a positive travel experience on social media